Dragon Ball Forum

A forum about the Dragon Ball Universe. As well as discussions of other anime/manga and any kind of chat.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Characters you thought were better in Super than Z/DB?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Turnabout Terror

Power Level : 235

PostSubject: Characters you thought were better in Super than Z/DB?   Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:00 pm

Every time someone compares a character, say Goku, to how they were in previous series, pretty much all of the cases are "They were better in Z than here"

But how about the opposite? what are some characters you thought were better in Super than Z or DB?

If I had to pick, I'd say Vegeta. He really has come a long way from when he was in Z. Also, 17. In Z, he wasn't really a special character but Super made him a character that relies on his wits to take on stronger character. Though, I feel like they made him a bit mary sue-ish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gog Trump

Power Level : 376

PostSubject: Re: Characters you thought were better in Super than Z/DB?   Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:16 pm

Turnabout Terror wrote:

If I had to pick, I'd say Vegeta. He really has come a long way from when he was in Z. Also, 17. In Z, he wasn't really a special character but Super made him a character that relies on his wits to take on stronger character. Though, I feel like they made him a bit mary sue-ish.

I disagree with that. Super Vegeta regularly regresses back to his cell arc characterisation, of being a prideful git and wanting nothing more than to surpass Goku. At this point he shouldn't give a shit.

I'll defend 17, every character and their mother gets as strong as their character needs to in Dragon Ball on a whole. It happened for Roshi, Freeza, Piccolo (Freeza arc, during King Kai), etc.

For me?

There's no one who was done better in Super. All of their character arcs happened in Dragon Ball/Z, and now they've pretty much all regressed or have been flanderised.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Turnabout Terror

Power Level : 235

PostSubject: Re: Characters you thought were better in Super than Z/DB?   Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:15 am

Gog Trump wrote:
For me?

There's no one who was done better in Super. All of their character arcs happened in Dragon Ball/Z, and now they've pretty much all regressed or have been flanderised.

Wow, that's uh, quite the opinion. But fair enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gog Trump

Power Level : 376

PostSubject: Re: Characters you thought were better in Super than Z/DB?   Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:28 am

Turnabout Terror wrote:
Gog Trump wrote:
For me?

Wow, that's uh, quite the opinion. But fair enough.

Actually I retract that statement. Shin was without a doubt, better than he was in Z. I really do appreciate how he was used in the story, it was light years better than how he was used in the Boo arc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Characters you thought were better in Super than Z/DB?   

Back to top Go down

Characters you thought were better in Super than Z/DB?
Page 1 of 1